21 August 2010

What?

I read today that the US is in active negotiations with the Taliban for some kind of 'settlement'.

Now, I will not pretend to be privy to any information other than what I have seen on the media for the last 15 or 20 years; however I have seen news stories outside the US shores so I feel there is some truth in them.

I don't think that these people can be reasoned with on any level. They are just like the Westboro church fanatics. Their way of the highway.

If we are going to use a military solution then tell the indigenous populations that anyone holding a weapon is considered an enemy and deal with it accordingly.

If it is not to be a military solution then bring our soldiers home and let the locals deal with it.

Oh yeah, we have to make the region safe so our version of unfettered capitalism has some cheap labor.

No comments: