12 April 2008

Web 2.0

Is it me, or is Web 2.0 very irritating? I understand the reasoning behind it, make every other word an advertisement. But the way it is used, like scrolling through a story and stupid little pop ups happening for words that may or may not be related to the story. Example: Scrolling down and the word 'year' has a little popup. Then you click it and get the definition of what a year is. Sheesh, I understand that western society has done everything possible to dumb down the populace, but this is ridiculous.

4 comments:

Hunters Glory said...

$$$

Valerie Roberson said...

Completely annoying. My favorite is offers to "buy one" from Amazon. Yes, I'll take one year please. Duh!!

Hunters Glory said...

dont move your mouse over them and you are good to go..

i8dbbq said...

Being old fashioned I tend to have my cursor on the page I am looking at and using the scroll wheel, which leads to the irritating trait. Then there are sites where the text is so dark that one can't see the web 2.0 links and they pop up before one can evade them. Very annoying.